Mike
Mike, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Rear offside door stays locked when the rest of the doors are

Customer Question

Rear offside door stays locked when the rest of the doors are unlocked. cannot open it manually either.

When can I expect an answer

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can wait for an answer. But please let me know as soon as you come to a conclusion

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you feel that you can get an answer that will help me fix the door lock then carry on. If not then close the question and return the £13.

John Nolan

Hello John,

Thank you for your patience, I will still continue to search for the right Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is MIKE - Im sorry to see you have had a wait - Im happy to help you with this -

Can you tell me - is the door "lock" itself actually operating - can you see / hear it doing so ...therefore the latch is at fault - or is the lock itself not doing anything?

Rgds - MIKE.......................................

( Please type your reply here- When I receive it , I will get back to you asap thereafter - )

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The door lock does not operate at all. It does not click like the rest of the door locks.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply - Im sorry I missed it when it came in and I was off over the B/H period-

In that case then -re your reply, you will have to remove the door panel on the door - or have it removed - This is never easy when the door wont even open ... a tip is to remove the rear bench seat - that gives you more room and move the drivers seat right forward.. You have to get the panel off Im afraid -there is no other way. Once thats off - you can then manually trigger the latch mechanism, the door will then open -and you can then trace the cause of the fault.. Sometimes its obvious - a seized latch - broken cable and so on and you can see it straight away - but if not - a common cause is broken wires where they come through the link / weather rubber tube from the car door post to the door... especially if you can hear nothing operating at all. Of course there can be other causes but thats common -some things to check -

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

>> >> Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I will give this a try and get back to you