Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Any chance you might have a wiring diagram for running board

Customer Question

Any chance you might have a wiring diagram for running board lights which will come on when doors are opened then go off when door is closed - thanks in advance John Fisher, Suffolk
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi John .

What model .

Is this an aftermarket running board lights or original .

Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Indy - Tech,

It,s for the mk 2 Santa Fe 2006 new shape, aftermarket running boards, they have 2 lights on each board front and rear with 12 volt 3 watt bulb, 2 wires from each bulb holder live and negative.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi John .

You can wire these up to your door light switch so the light comes on and off when you open and close the door .
Or you can have them come on when you turn the side lights on .

Which way would you like to go .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Indy, yes i want the lights to come on and off when i open and close the door which i actually stated on my first message thanks, if i get your reply i will be well happy - john

Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi John .

How many wires do you have coming off the running boards for the lights and color of the wires .did you not get any instructions with the running boards .

Greg
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The vehicle is a mark 2 santa fe with aftermarket running boards i will fit, on each running board there are 2 pce 12 volt 3 watt light fittings and each of these fittings has a red positive / live wire and a blue negative wire, making 4 wires for each running board and i want to wire them into the door light so they come on and off when opening and closing the door, when i have an answer i will give my report back and your rating thanks indy,

Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi John ,

Check that your year has the light switch in the Door jam .

Greg