indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

Hi I have a hyundai matrix 1.8 cdx auto transmission and the

Customer Question

Hi I have a hyundai matrix 1.8 cdx year 2004 auto transmission and the engine check light is on. and it just does not change gear stays in 3rd. but when I remove the air filter the light goes out and the car drives as normal, what is the problem? thanks

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how long will I have to wait?

Unfortunately I am unable to give you a time, but I will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

Okay the way to go about this issue you are having is first get a diagnostic check .

This is where the testing shop will hook up a diagnostic scan tool to your vehicle to check for any malfunction codes .

From the malfunction codes this will help you find the problem you are now experiencing.

Okay from your experience of removing the air filter helped sort out this problem .

This leaves me to say the air filter is blocked or the air inlet to the air filter box has a blockage ,which could be anything from a sucked in plastic bag or rat or mice nest.

Which i have experience before .

Okay let forget the experience, as this can change on different aspects .

With the cars of today's complicated system (as many say)should first be hooked up
to a diagnostic scan tool to check for malfunction codes, which will point you in the right direction for a good solid repair

With you having a check engine light ON, then your problem is recorded and has a code in the memory system , once you have this code then you will know what has to be repaired to solve this problem you are having .

Please don't assume what your problem is by checking the internet for simula issue
you have to get the codes read to know what your problem is to rectify this problem you are having .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg