indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

hi ya I have a santa fe 2003 turbo diesel and it keeps stopping

Customer Question

hi ya I have a santa fe 2003 turbo diesel and it keeps stopping as if you turn key off but it starts back up again straight away some times it puts management light on but most of the time it doesn't p1181 fuel pressure monitoring code changed fuel filter removed fuel tank cleaned out no fault with tank does any body have any idea please
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

This is a fuel pressure restricktion issue , but looks like you have covered the basics .

What can cause this is a retriction in the fuel rail you will have to check this out by flushing the system .(was the tank dirty ).
Its also known a bad coolant sensor can trip this code ,
Fuel pump in the tank could also be your issue have this tested .

Need further assistance then please get back to me with the reply box and not the poor or bad service button .

Rgds Greg