Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

how can I check if my santa fa 2013 number plate if the four

Customer Question

how can I check if my santa fa 2013 number plate if the four wheel drive is working as I was stuck in a field two weeks ago and all the other 4X4 never got stuck and I had to get a tow and some of my friends said that the front wheels were spinning and the rear was not moving.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can wait for an expert to answer question.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

Can you get me your chassis No. so i can check this out .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here is the chassis number KMHSC81VR4U627798 and the Reg No is PJ53WCO.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

This is a 2004 and not a 2013 is this correct .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes it is a 2004.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

Thank you for clearing this up .

What i need to know now is :

Automatic or manual.

Do you have any malfunction lights "ON" when the engine is running .

Rgds Greg.

SYSTEM DESCRIPTION
1.
The transfer case is a full-time four-wheel drive system developed for stable driving in the worst conditions. It improves not only driving safety on a normal road but also the performance of the vehicle in a slippery road by distributing the power to both, front and rear wheels.
2.
A driver may not control front or rear wheel drive directly like a four-wheel drive vehicle.
3.
When the front or rear wheels slip, the viscous generates the effect of differential limitation made by viscosity torque of silicon oil inside the viscous coupling, caused by relative revolution difference among interior plates.
4.
This system secures optimum drive performance and vehicle safety according to a road by transmitting viscous torque to the side there is a little slippage between front wheels and rear wheels.
5.
Rear wheel power set by the above system is transmitted to the rear wheel through the hypoid gear.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

There are no warning lights on when the engine is running and it is a manual gearbox.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Lift all four wheel and select 2nd gear and let the clutch out slowly will the front and rear wheels turn .
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I never had time to jack the car up and try it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When we lifted all four wheels of the ground and selected 2nd gear all the wheels went round but when we selected 1st gear this did not happen.

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Hi I’m Tom and I’m here to assist you with your issue today. Before I get you a fully researched answer, I have to ask you a couple preliminary questions. Is this AWD or 4 WD?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As far as I know it is a four wheel drive but I am not certain.

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Ok can you please find out that will make a really big difference in the diagnosis.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have been told that it should be all wheel drive.

Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
Ok this is a totally different set up then a 4wd vehicle . Would you like to know the difference ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes please can you tell me.