indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

hi there sorry to bother you ive got a 1999 Hyundai lantra

Customer Question

hi there sorry to bother you ive got a 1999 Hyundai lantra j2 16 valve and it runs perfict until you go above 1/4 throttle and it lookses all power befor the 1/4 mark it sownds smooth and reves up perfectly (I thought it could be the throttle position senser so I changed it and the car still dose it whould anyone have any idears (im a merchanic but when it comes to this sort of electric problems I don't have any way to plug it in to see whats going on please help
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi ..

Okay with you being a mechanic i suggest you get yourself a good code reader ,as on the more modern cars (OBD II) system you need this to help on the diagnostic trouble shooting ..

Just replacing the TPS on a hunch is not always a good idea ..could end up paying for parts that you don't need.

Fuel pressure test is a must with this type of problem .
other typical issue for this to happen is the,
Mass air flow sensor ,
Vacuum leaks ,
Throttle body dirty
Fuel injectors ,(flush the injectors )
Ignition coils .
Timing Belt jumped .
Crank and cam sensor malfunction ,Code reader or scope sensors for correct working ,no glitches .

But to do this as said a good code reader that has live reading mode ..
This can be bought on ebay uk .

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,

For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg