Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi there i have a 2008 i30 1.6crdi and when hot it will ocassionally

Customer Question

Hi there i have a 2008 i30 1.6crdi and when hot it will ocassionally leave plumes of grey/blue smoke out the exhaust for a few minutes at the time. it is a significant lot of smoke and happens at all revs whether under boost or coasting. Then it gets ok as quick as it started. It could be fine for a day (a hundred kms or so) and next it could occurr 4 times in the same distance.
I got it plugged in whilst it was smoking furiously and found the only issue was the boost pressure sensor reading a steady 1000. The differential pressure for the DPF reads the same both sides. I thought it might be regenerating due to differential pressure.
I removed the intake to the turbo and the turbo turns freely
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 4 years ago.

Expert:  Tom replied 4 years ago.
Hi I'm Tom and I'm here to assist you . Is the engine light on when this happens ?