Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

ho to remove a NX700 E from a Santafe

Customer Question

ho to remove a NX700 E from a Santafe
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question

1- Remove the ashtray and the 2 screws behind it. 2- Pull the lower trim gently. (You don't have to disconnect all the connectors.) 3- Remove the 2 screws that holds the upper trim. These screws are now accessible from below. 4- Pull the upper trim gently. (You don't have to disconnect all the connectors.) 5- Now you have access to the radio. Remove the bolts holding in the radio,slide the radio out and disconnect the electrical harness and pull the radio on out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mike

the model is a 2010 Santa Fe

the ash tray is at the bottom of the temp controls

there are no screws visible

the sat nav is at the top of the push button hazard bank of switches , that is above the climate control area

I have removed the lidded storage unit and the cowel around the sat nav and can see the screws holding the NX700E in place, but the vent ducts on both sides are preventing access

please advise further

Mark

Ok let me get back to my main computer and I will get some further info for you.

Ok.I am showing that the vent ducts are held in to the dash by clips in the trim,meaning they would pop free with a small pry tool and then snap back in to place.