Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hyundai ix35 not starting

Customer Question

We bought a brand new ix35 in March 2013 and it has been driving very well up to today morning when the car just would not start. The electricals (dashboard controls, windows, lights) function well but the engine does not crank. We checked the battery by taking it out and putting in a different Hyundai, and it worked well, so clearly the battery is not the problem. But what is then? Any ideas what can stop the engine from starting up?

We tried the 10 seconds trick (holding the start button for 10 sec or more) but did not work unfortunately.

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 4 years ago.
Hi .

With this being a brand new car i would not try too much as this car will be under warranty
and to avoid warranty being void be carefull what you do .

Using a voltmeter connect this to the battery and attemot to start the car and take note of the battery voltage does it stay at battery voltage with out moving or does it drop below9.6 volts .

Just in case you have the Immo activated lock all doors and then reopen with the key fob and check the sercurity light is off .

Let me know what you finde out .

Greg