Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I h and wont remain constantave a 2.7 santa fe, when you depress

Customer Question

I h and won't remain constantave a 2.7 santa fe, when you depress the throttle pedal to say 3000rpm and keep it there the rpm's just drop then return again and won't remain constant.It idles ok with no missfire and when the pedal is depressed hard the car excellorates without any problem but as soon as you try to drive at a constant speed the revs start going up and down again. The local garage changedthe tps as the fault codes came up as throttle position sensor and throttle pedal posision sensor [non dealer].
They could not locate a pedal sensor. replacing the tps made no difference at all.
Would appreciate any help you could offer.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 4 years ago.

Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The issue that you are having is consistent with the butterfly valve inside of the throttle body that results in this issue.This will also make the throttle position sensor code set.The throttle body is a common failure on these vehicles and to correct the issue the throttle body sometimes can be cleaned and sometimes has to be replaced.