Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

My Hyundai coupe se 1.6 x reg stutters under driving conditions

Customer Question

My Hyundai coupe se 1.6 x reg stutters under driving conditions even motorway cruising and up hills but also when pulling away from junctions and lights uf stuttering whilst going downhill I have dropped clutchand engine revs fine wwith no stuttering
It started after fuel was put in on Tues morning and its getting worse first I thought it was fuel filter but it could be throttle position sensor
Any other clues would be a help
I don't know how I get answer so my mobile number is XXXXX and [email protected]
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hi,my name is mike and I will assist you with your question.
The issue that you are describing does not sound consistent with a failing throttle position sensor. The issue that you are having is consistent with a fuel delivery problem. The fact that this happened after you got fuel indicates that there might have been some debris at the place you got fuel and got in to the vehicles fuel system. What I would suggest is to go ahead and change the fuel filter and after doing this run some fuel injector treatment through the system and this should cure the problem.