Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

my Hyundai santa fe 2003 will not start first thing in the

Customer Question

my Hyundai santa fe 2003 will not start first thing in the morning.

some of the times I seem to loose power for a short time driving to work

up to yet I have changes heat plugs diesel filter and tank filter.

just had green flag out he seems to think i a return valve to the diesel tank.

were would that be on the santafe.

all the parts that would cause problem have been changed that he would recomend to change.

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

If it is the return valve then this is on the priming pump of the fuel filter .
Was the glow plug system checked .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will have the return valve checked out.

i could not say if the glow plug system was checked i would think so after changing the glow plugs.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.

Good glow plug still will not work if you have a problem with the glow plug control system.

First thing in the morning pump the primer with your hand until its hard to pump this could take 5 to 25 pump until hard depending on how much fuel is in the fuel filter then switch on the engine if she starts up first try then you have a problem with the prime pump .

With a test light connected to the glow plug rail switch on the ignition and the test light should light UP for 10 - 15 seconds depending on the engine temp.

Have this checked then please get back to me .

Rgds Greg