Mike
Mike, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

air bag staying on fault codes b2504 warning light short to

Customer Question

air bag staying on fault codes b2504 warning light short to earth , b1102 battery voltage low , b1650 srs cm crash recorded .faults will not clear
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE - Im happy to help you ..

You say you dont know if its been crashed or not - have you not had the vehicle long or what is the background to this?

Rgds, MIKE....................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

its a customers car she said not been bumped .Last year it had water ingress into car from door membrane which we repaired .The floors were very wet we checked all wiring under seat nothing obvoius

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again..

Ok - you need to be 100% sure on the bump issue.. because if so, then the crash data needs removing by a firm before you can delete the codes ( though they would do that anyway)

If it is that there is definately no issue with a bump - this can only be either, a wiring / earthing issue - or , alternator / battery / charge circuit issue..

Work through if you haven't already on that - check the alt / batt and charge circuit... even a low battery on residual charge can cause this - and too, spikes from a faulty alternator - or jump starting too...

If you do have a genuine short to earth though per the first fault code... you will have to find that - physically - as that could well be the root cause of it all.... thats the way forward on this - - If you struggle, you may well find you have to have it on dealer equipment to check Live data streams etc to locate the fault... Im sorry its not easy this one / no " this or that " Im afraid...

So thats the way forward on this one now for you - but do get back to me / let me know if you need anything more..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Meantime -

Please do click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.