Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Hyundai Santa fe 2.2 CRDI (2010 UK). Last sercice

Customer Question

I have a Hyundai Santa fe 2.2 CRDI (2010 UK). Last sercice 12,500 miles. Now at 22,000 miles. While driving today, engine oil light lit up. After this, I checked oil level and was below the lower mark. I topped up oil (Castrol edge 5w-30). But the engine oil light is still on although the car has been driving OK. My question - Is it safe to drive the car for another day as I can't take it to service immediately (Currrent oil level is within normal range). Also is it such that once the oil indicator is lit will only the service personnel be able to turn it off despite topping up?

Just to add - It is engine oil level indicator light and not oil pessure light

Edit: I read the manual and I think I got he answer. The Santa fe oil level light will turn off after driving 30 miles once oil topped up. 

I am looking to withdraw my question.

Category: Hyundai