Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi there I have a hyundai trajet 2005 reg diesel today the

Customer Question

Hi there
I have a hyundai trajet 2005 reg diesel today the indicators , hazard and alarm/lick lights sll stopped working .
Have been to my usual garage who had a quick look and tried to hdnge the fuse but they blew when inserted and said its an electrics problem , they looked at the tow bar electrics and after messing with it hazards started working but a loud beep came on too they dont deal with electrics and diagnostics though and need to find a specialised garage any idea on what it could be ?
Is it going to be a big expensive job?
Thanks in advance
Alison
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with a wiring connection to the BODY CONTROL MODULE. This is what controls all of these lights that are in question. Tracking down a electrical issue can be time consuming which involves labor time, however from the description of this issue most shops that specialize in electrical issues will be able to track this issue rather quickly.