Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

How do I change the fuel filter on an IX35 with 2litre diesel

How do I change the fuel filter on an IX35 with 2litre diesel engine?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am happy to wait for your response for the moment. I believe replacement of the filter may not be straight forward judging from the price Hyundai garages charge for doing this. There does not seem to be any easily obtainable workshop manuals on the market, hence my contact with you

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Shantal

I will just wait for the moment and hope you find an expert

Please understand it is rare for us not to be able to find the right Professional to assist our customers. We can return your good faith deposit to the original funding source.

Please let me know how you wish to proceed and again I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I would like to have your experts advice as previously advised

Thank you for your patience, we will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Once again I apologize for not being able to find a Professional to assist you. Please let me know if you would like me to continue the search or if you would prefer me to close your question.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It seems that you are not able to answer my question.

Would you please close my question and refund the money I paid to you immediately.

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Remove air duct between airbox (airfilter) and turbo (c/w hose from rocker cover) to make space.
2. Disconnect both fuel lines to filter (pull out orange catch, push in blue tab, pull off line).
3. Disconnect all three wiring connections to filter assembly.
4. Remove the four nuts holding the whole shroud bracket and filter assembly to bulkhead (need a deepish 12mm socket).
5. Lift out complete filter assembly, unbolt filter from shroud bracket, unscrew filter and replace with new one.
6. Reverse above process to refit.
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike. I thought it would be more complicated judging from Hyundai price for doing the replacement. But maybe it's just time consuming. I understand there is a problem with filters gumming up with winter diesel for Hyundai and other car makers that is currently subject to trade discussions - have you heard?

Yes that is correct the winter time is hard on these filters and the carbon debris makes them become restricted.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mike

You didn't mention in your advice, but is it necessary to bleed the fuel system after fuel filter replacement?

No after the filter is replaced cycle the key on and off5 times and this will prime the system.