Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2. Se coupe auto tiptronic and am unable to select

I have a 2. Se coupe auto tiptronic and am unable to select gears. It parked up fine the night before??
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would like to think that there were enough "experts" on your system to answer this question. On the day I made the request there was allegedly someone waiting on line to take up my question.
I do not want to cancel otherwise I have paid for nothing.

I would appreciate an early reply so that I can consider my options with my vehicle.

Shay
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You state in your promo material that Hyundai mechanics are on call
" every day, all day" ??

Shay
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Did any type of warning lights come on at all?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, the car had been running fine the day before and then that morning I came out and fired the car up as usual and tried to engage gear but found the lever extremely tight! I then pulled it to engage reverse, which it did but would not stay in place. On trying to take it back to "P" it would not go but sprang back to "R". Having tried several times I eventually realised a problem but could only return to "N" ??
Appreciate your support.
Seamus
Ok. The issue that you are having is consistent with a failed gear selector switch,this is common to fail on these vehicles and when they do results in the problem that you are having. To correct this issue the switch will need to be replaced.
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.