Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, Just bought a 57 plate Hyundai Getz 1.5 CRDT GSI. Its

Customer Question

Hi, Just bought a 57 plate Hyundai Getz 1.5 CRDT GSI. It's done 65k miles. When I viewed it, I noted a little uneven running at start up when cold. When I test drove, even when warm it was "lumpy" or uneven at certain engine revs. Sometimes stuttering or snatching pick up. I suspected injector problems and the garage said they would sort this out. They delayed me picking up the car saying that they'd booked it into have the injectors replaced. I have poorly photocopied invoice showing £985 to diagnose and replace injectors (reconditioned) ad replacement fuel filter. It was noted some swarf in fuel filter. I've run the car for 250 miles (45 mile trips) and the car is difficult to drive. The uneven running/stuttering made me think that the problem may be with the EGR valve, engine mountings or eve flywheel. I note that there are a few references to gummed up throttle housings caused by faulty EGR valves. I was going to get an independent report before going back to the garage. What do you think?

KG Cornwall
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hello KG Cornwall,

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Are there any warning lights coming on?