Mike
Mike, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I have an i40 premium with low profile tyres that pulls to

I have an i40 premium with low profile tyres that pulls to nearside (left) Hyundai and dealer and tried several tracking set ups. Front wheels were changes to back. At 20000 miles front tyres feathering and replaced
Stoke dealer (not my local) tells me it is a characteristic of car and very camber sensitive. Best solution is to 'cheat' and set tracking at one end of spec,

A good car that could be great
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is MIKE...

Are the dealers saying its a tracking issue - or a camber / castor issue?

Rgds, MIKE........................................
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

As far as I know they address tracking each time. They have not mentioned camber/castor.

I know the issue is a problem both in UK and Europe as per some websites. Dealer area service manager said Hyundai aware of issue on premium model with low profile tyres

Each day I drive the car it reacts differently to pulling to left. Also apparent when braking, sometimes. Sometimes it pulls right

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again -

Thank you for your reply...

You are correct in what you are saying yes --

Have you tried it with normal sepc tyres on - ??

Kind Rgds,. MIKE.................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

do you mean normal spec tyres. If yes I don't think I can because of wheel plus tyre dimensions - not enough room. I did ask question of dealer and they stated dimension issue and cost for smaller wheel to accommodate larger tyre would be high

Ian

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hi again Ian -

Thank you for your reply.

Yes thats correct - In that case then, I would suggest that what they mentioned - to set up the camber etc to compensate for the problem..

The other thing though - along similar lines, that you could suggest, is that rather than set up the alignment at the spec setting of toe in / out .. have it set " parallel".. straight on. We used to do that with "problem" vehicles and often found that cured such issues - so that would be easier and quicker than what they are initially suggesting - so I would suggest to do that - try it- see how it is and you may find it fine like that.

If not - then they can try with the altering of the camber as initially mentioned - but I feel this situation should be brought to the attention of Hyundai UK - through the dealership -You can ask that they do that - to contact their Tech dept and raise this issue with them - see what they say initially and then go from there...
So those are the ways forward on this one now Ian - Let me know how you get on..

Do let me know if you need anything else at all -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

...Meantime..............Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me as that's how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Hyundai Technician
Experience: Tech Expert