indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

I have a Hyundai 130 about 4 years old. Recently the alarm

I have a Hyundai 130 about 4 years old. Recently the alarm goes off quite often for no apparent reason. Until I can get this fixed properly, is there a way to just disable/switch off the alarm? if the best way to do that is remove the fuse, where is the fuse box and which fuse? I don't have an owner's manual with the car.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.

Have you checked that all doors are fully closed, is the door ajar warning light ON .

Is this only the OE original system or do you have a aftermarket alarm also fitted,

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes all properly closed. This has been happening on a number of occasions over the past few weeks. Sometimes several times in a couple of hours. Then maybe not for a couple of days. At first I thought it was because it is parked in the street and the vibration of a vehicle passing had set it off but it seems too frequent for this.

Yes it is only the original manufacturers alarm fitted.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Geoff .

Open the Bonnet and check the switch on the front drivers side, it should have a rubber boot over it, when this gets damaged ,which is a typical issue on this car the hood when closed will not push it in far enough causing the circuit still to be open .pull the plug on the switch and leave it out close the bonnet and see if you still have a problem with the alarm going off or not.
If the issue has not started off again then this was your problem ,the fix is to replace the rubber boot or the switch completely.

If this is not the problem then please get back to me for further assistance .

If you are still having issue with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad replay button so i can assist you further with this issue, or pass you on to another expert.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back with the reply box below and not the poor or bad service button ,
For further assistance there is no extra charge after accepting.

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Greg, thanks, XXXXX XXXXX located the switch (and the alarm ... bear in mind that I am totally clueless about what is under the bonnet!) so I can see what you mean about how it works. When you say "pull the plug on the switch" what exactly do you mean me to disconnect? I can see a wire going into the switch but there isn't an easy way to take that out and I don't want to pull hard and maybe cause damage to the wrong thing. Can you clarify please what I am disconnecting?

Geoff

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Geoff .

You have a little clip you have to press in then pull out the plug .

Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, thanks I've now figured out how it unplugs and removed the cable from the switch. I'll leave it a few hours to see if the alarm goes off again, if not then that's solved it thank you until I can get a permanent replacement. I'll confirm shortly
Geoff

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
eHi Geoff .

If this does not work then you will have to have the systen hooked up to a diagnostic scan tool ,
this tool in live data will show you which door ,bonnet or boot switch has an open circuit .

As just last week we had one in (i20) with a rear right passenger door with a bad switch causing the same problem as yours ,
only i told you to check the Bonnet as this is the most commone issue on your car ,so before paying for a diagnostic hook up check this first as you are doing .

Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello again, yes this seems to have solved the problem of the alarm going off and now I understand how the system works, thank you.

Geoff