Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hyundai Tuscon 2005 diesel automatic: Have an issue with

Customer Question

Hyundai Tuscon 2005 diesel automatic:

Have an issue with starting the vehicle at times. It will start and turn off fine for most of the day. Then on occasion, this has happened a couple times in the past week, we'll turn it off and then approximately 45 minutes later when we go to start up again it will not start. It will crank, but never fire. Looked up online 1st time this happened, we were in a parking lot and not too happy, and it said that it may be the neutral safety switch and to try jiggling the shifter in neutral and starting it. After about 10 minutes of messing with it it finally started in neutral. Today when it happened it took me almost 30 minutes to get it started. Always after the car has been running and then turned off for about 45 minutes. Does it sound like the neutral safety switch or is there some other issue we need to look into?!?
Category: Hyundai