Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a diesel generator for back up home use.On it,it says

I have a diesel generator for back up home use.On it,it says switch off breaker at start up.I occasionally run it to keep battery charged but it is not used to power anything as remote main breaker is switched to mains.Query is that on generator panel,breaker switch his ON.Does this also need to be moved to off or is instruction referring to remote main breaker?
Thanks,Brian
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would like an answer to the query or my money back.Your service is not very good.

I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

What is the make and model of the generator?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
DHY 6000SE
Thanks. The three switches on upper rt of panel as you look at it.Do they have to be up/off,when test run for battery or idling for routine check.Main remote switch to house is always off.
These switches have to be off when testing the battery,all 3 should be in the off position. Thank you.
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.