Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hi i have an 05 hyundai getz diesel sometimes it will start

hi i have an 05 hyundai getz diesel sometimes it will start ok but i have no revs and lots of black smoke if i leave it for about an hour after switching off it goes back to normal and will runn ok for about 2 weeks could you help thankyou
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Are there any type of warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

only the red one that indicates water in fuel filter but that has been changed twicw

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

one that indicates water in fuel filter but that has been changed twice

Ok what you are describing really is consistent with a sticking fuel injector which is over spraying.
This often will not show a code and is a common fault on these vehicles.
I know you have replaced one injector but this sounds like you either replaced the wrong one or there was more than one bad one.
The best and most effective way to diagnose the injectors is with a power balance test.