Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My airbag light on my 07tucson has come on

Customer Question

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hopefully i can help

If the airbag light is on then as you may know or be aware of - means there is fault somewhere in regards to the airbag/srs system and thus the airbag/srs module logs the relevant faults codes and turns the warning light on..Unfortunately the only route you can take with this is actually require the diagnostic route to determine where exactly the fault is..but first maybe double check under the front seats and ensure the plugs haven't come loose etc "disconnect battery and wait 15mins before checking" and ensure the plugs under the seats usually yellow are fully home,sometimes the plugs connectors can come away slightly especially if the seat is adjusted back and forth allot - also if you have passenger airbag deactivation switch then ensure that isn't in the off position and is on..as deactivating the passenger airbag can bring this light on..but as above if these areas all rule out then its going to have to be diagnostic route/code retrival on that system- as that the only alternative you have im afraid with this...only then once the fault has been rectified fully and the codes cleared will the airbag system will go through a self check each time the ignition is turned and if ok the light shouldn't come back on..i do hope this helps