Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Hi, have an 06, 2.0l coupe auto, which works fine when cold,

Hi, have an 06, 2.0l coupe auto, which works fine when cold, when warm it crashes 2nd and 3rd gear in both auto and manual mode, if i take off the the throttle at the time of changing, it works fine, any ideas, sensor?? Thanks. Leon
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

From what you are describing the issue that you are having is consistent with a electrical failure of the vehicle speed sensor which is fairly common and when failing results in the issue that you are having. The sensor will need to be tested and likely replaced.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike,

There are a couple of speed sensors, any idea which one ??

Leon

The input sensor is normally what causes this particular issue, however it is best to have the vehicle scanned for trouble codes as a first step to determine which one is the culprit. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Mike,

Much appreciated.

Leon

No problem. Thank you