Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 60 plate I10 the rear door wont open the three others

I have a 60 plate I10 the rear door won't open the three others are ok how do I resolve this thanks
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I haven't had any reply from an expert I'm still waiting .if I don't get any help how do I get my money back

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

The rear passenger door will not open via the key fob or by pulling the door latch on the outside.

There is also a child lock on so I can not open from the inside by pulling the door latch

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

Do you hear any noise when trying to lock or unlock this door?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Yes I can hear the central locking motor

Ok from what you are describing even though you hear the locking working, the actuator is not strong enough to unlock the door this is a common failure that requires the actuator to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

How do I get the door open

The inner door panel has to come off and this really needs to be done by a repair shop that has done this job before, this is not a easy task with the door closed and damage to the panel can occur if not carefully done.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Can the door be removed at the hinges which are visible at the door post when the front door is open.this may give access to the screws on the door panel.am I right in thinking this

Yes remove the bolts at the hinges and this should give just enough access,once you are to the panel it's a few screws and clips holding the panel on.
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.