Peterkmiles
Peterkmiles, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  13 years experience at the highest level of automotive technology
37560582

I have a Hyundai terracan 2003, the heater blows hot air all

Customer Question

I have a Hyundai terracan 2003, the heater blows hot air all of the time. The air con unit is fully charged and appears to be working fine. When it is operation the temperature is reduced to blowing warm air. Could you please give me any suggestions to solve the problem, where the fault is located and whether I could make a repair myself. I am an ex motor mechanic but now retired.
Thanks Phil.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Peterkmiles replied 3 years ago.
Hi phil,

Sounds like the mixer flap is stuck or the actuator has failed. They are moved by actuator motors (both air flow distribution and temperature), controlled by the tep selector and flow distribution selector. If your heater temperature adjustments are not working properly, I would first check for a faulty contact (harness plugs) behind the AC selector swithches and levers and also at the actuator motors. If still not fixed, then I suspect a faulty actuator motor. Check also for free movement of the actuator motor and levers. This problem may well be a lack of lubrication.

Hopefully this should sort the problem for you, if you have any further questions please let me know but don't forget to accept my answer.

Best regards
Peter

Just wondering if you've had chance to consider my response and if there is anything else I can do to help?

Please remember that I only get paid for the advice I have given if you accept my answer.

Best regards
Peter