Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

tucson 2.0 crtd engine turning over but will not fire up and

Customer Question

tucson 2.0 crtd engine turning over but will not fire up and then sometimes it does fire up and run but then stops again when it does not fire up the engine light does not light up on dash
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is Mike, I will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.

With the issue that you are having and the engine light not coming up when the vehicle will not start is a indication that the ecu is not communicating with the vehicle properly and has a internal fault.
I am also a warranty inspector and the ecu's are common to cause this problem in these vehicles, the fix is the ecu is rebuilt or replaced.