indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

hi i had a hyundai air con system fitted about a year ago i

Customer Question

hi i had a hyundai air con system fitted about a year ago i have just started useing it this summer it not to be very cold and after a few hours water was running down the wall on the inside wall
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi .

If the A/C system is not very cold this could be due to a very slow leak in the system or was not charged to the correct level.

Also possible is on the 134a is if the system is overcharged it will not cool .

There seems to be a pretty good charge in the system, as the evaporator is producing condense water that should drain out a drain tube to the outside of the car , yours is routed badly or blocked which causes the water to build up and overflow into the car cabins foot well .

The water leaking from the evaporator box is set lower than the main electrical wiring harness and should nor cause to much problem .
I suggest you vivit the shop that fitted the system to test and repair the water issue ..

If you still need further assistance then please don't rate, just get back to me with the reply button, and I will get back to you or inform another expert to assist.
Also there is no extra charge after accepting .

Kindest regards Greg