Mike
Mike, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

I 30 1.6crdi 2009. Would not change into 3rd gear - started

I 30 1.6crdi 2009. Would not change into 3rd gear - started to rev and would not pass 40kmh,after about 4kms it resumed as normal. This has happened twice
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I still need an answer . I haven't asked any other experts,so I still await your answer .
Thanks,
Gerry .
Hello Gerry,

Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -

My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise you ..

Can you tell me what you have had done/ checked so far?

Too - when this happens - what lights / if any, do you get on the dash?

What mileage does the car have?

Rgds, MIKE...............................................

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Mike,
We had a mechanic check it and he found a loose wire which he sorted & all was fine for a few weeks and it recurred .
No lights appear on dash
45,000 kilometres
Thanks,
Gerry
Expert:  Mike replied 3 years ago.
Hello again Gerry -

Thank you for your reply -

In that case, given that info - the first thing to do would be to have that same wire / connection / circuit checked again - as its doing the same again, but was ok after the "fix" - then there is every chance the fault has reoccured. You dont say which circuit it was in - but thats the next move on this for sure.. and - check along the specific circuit for a problem not necessarily in the same place - but along the line - and the component it feeds too...

IF that doesn't find /cure it as above, then I would suggest a fault code check on this - where it be engine or trans....it doesn't have to have a fault light on for their to be fault codes - so that would be the next step...then go from there.

IF there are no fault codes, the machine is then used to check the circuits on LIve Data mode - that will find the fault you have that way for sure... Let me know how you go -or if you need anything else.. but thats the way forward on this issue for sure now.

If there is anything more by all means get back to me -

** >> Meantime >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Hyundai Technician
Experience: Tech Expert