Mike
Mike, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

how do i get the gear knob off my 2005 tucson manual?

Customer Question

how do i get the gear knob off my 2005 tucson manual? also how do i get the centre console apart to remove the gaiter?

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Do i get a refund for no answer?

Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question and reverse your charges at this time?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..

My name is ***** ***** been asked to help you ... Sorry to see you have had a wait.

As there has been a delay - please just let me know if you do indeed still need help - then we can progress as / if needed still-

Kind Rgds, MIKE......................................

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Mike,

I'd still like to know how to get the lower part of the centre console apart so i can unscrew the plastic bracket/frame thing that the bottom of the leather gaiter is fixed to?

I already worked out that i just needed to unscrew the gear knob to remove

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.

Hi again -

Thank you for your reply..

Sorry I missed you last evening -

Ok - to remove the panelling so that you can get at the gaiter etc to remove that -

graphic

While that shows the lhd version, the rhd is the same... Note the triangular arrows ( white ) depict where there are push in clips - you use a flat blade slid into / behind the panel at those points / just beside, and prise the outer cover panel off - this reveals screws to remove all else inc radio if needed... work down the panel - then you can see how to remove / change the gaiter-

Im very pleased to have helped you - Do let me know if you need anything more --

*** Meantime - - >>>> Please do click on the "OK/ Excellent ratings" for me - Thank you in advance for that...

You can and are most welcome to get back to me anytime you might need - clicking the OK ratings does not close you out at all..

Kind Rgds, MIKE.