indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

hi, 2003 terracan 2.9 crtd when unlocking with key fob it locks

Customer Question

hi, 2003 terracan 2.9 crtd when unlocking with key fob it locks again 2 to 3 times, also locks you in have not started it yet grateful for any help
terry
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 3 years ago.
Hi Terry .

This is a typical issue with the door locking actuator sticking ,you will have to check each one by removing the door panals and disconnecting one at a time and then trying to lock
or unlock with out any problem.

When you find the malfunctioning actuator you may be able to repair this with WD40
as the actuator is known to get stiff and size up ,but this may only help for a short while

The actuators are a little expensive ..

This is what the door actuator looks like .

Still having problem, then please get back to me for further assistance please use the reply button and not the poor or bad service ,this way i can get back to you or refer you to another expert if needed. After accepting you can still get back to me and there is no further charge

Kindest regards Greg.