Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Hi Dave here again, Re outside temperature sensor, new sensor

Customer Question

Hi Dave here again,
Re outside temperature sensor, new sensor installed but reading stuck on 20 degrees. Is there a reset code. My local garage have contacted Hyundai but they wont give any info as they are not the car owners.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Dave,

I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Ok was this repair done at the dealer ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Tom,

this repair was done at my local garage with a Hyundai part. The sensor is stuck on 20 Degrees but Hyundai will not give him any info. as regards whether it needs resetting.

Regards Dave.

Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Yes it will need to be reprogrammed at the dealer for proper calibration thats why they are not telling them this .You can try this if it dons not work then you will need to go to the dealer.Disconnect the sensor with the key on and reinstall the sensor .Then disconnect the battery and reconnect after about a minute or 2.Then go on an road test and it should reset.If not the dealer will have to do it with the factory scanner to calibrate it.These are the next steps.Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks.Bonuses greatly appreciated.Im here if you need any further assistance just let me know.