Robert
Robert, UK Qualified Car Technician
Experience:  Fully qualified / self employed garage technician in the UK
13210289

My air bag warning light om dash has come again came on 6months

Customer Question

My air bag warning light om dash has come again came on 6months ago ,I fidleld under pas seat it went off
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Robert replied 3 years ago.

Hi..

Hopefully i can help..

Normally as you describe checking under the said passenger seat..that will be the airbag wiring for pre tensioners/or if fitted a side airbag - the wiring will be the yellow harness/yellow plug..would advise you disconnect the battery and wait at least 15mins before ensuring those plugs are fully home connected "do not disconnect them just make sure they are properly connected together first" then retest by reconnecting the battery and then let it go through it own self test which is does at every start up and see if the light goes out..sometimes with problems like this always cropping up you can get a good quailified mobile auto electrician to eliminate the plug and jointhe two wire ends together properly and that should stop the plug problem..but as you have described i would recheck that plug again aswell as under the drivers seat too..if that still fails to rectify the fault then you need to have the car plugged in to se waht fault codes are stored and where exactly on the airbag system the fault is currrently..I do hope this helps..if you need to ask anything else or include anything futher then just continue before you rate