Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

Hyundai Tucson 2009 - accelerator pedal jam

Hi - I have a Hyundai Tucson 2009 model (petrol engine). After not using the vehicle for about 5 weeks, I started up and as I was trying to drive out of the garage, the accelerator pedal jammed in the up (idle) position (managed to get the car parked again on engine idle). Do you know what the problem might be? Thanks, Michael

Please note - the accelerator pedal worked fine for about 20 seconds, then jammed. I checked for damage, but could not find anything broken. I also checked to see if the floor mat had jammed the pedal - again - this was not the problem. Question - could this be linked to the alarm?

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Tom replied 3 years ago.
There is a recall on the accelerator pedal position sensor on this vehicle that will cause this issue and covered at the dealer for no charge was this checked.