indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

Hyundai Santafae crd I diesel . Oil light flashing noise coming

Hyundai Santafae crd I diesel . Oil light flashing noise coming from camshaft . And the revs are low
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.

Hi .

Check engine oil level , if the level is too low the oil light will flash as the oil pressure
has dropped to low ,this is why your hydraulic valve adjuster are making this noise .
the hydraulic lifter are on the cam shaft rocker arms ..if these do not get the oil pressure needed due to low oil level or pressure will start to knock/tick.

If you rise the rev's to above 1000rpm and the noise stops and the light goes out oil level or pressure low .

check oil level and top off if needed , if level is good do an oil flush with a good engine oil flush agent for 20 minutes the drain and refill with new oil and filter ..

Please get back to me for further assistance if needed with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service button this way i can get back you or suggest another expert .
Kind regards Greg