indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

over the last few days, I have tried to fill the tank on my

Customer Question

over the last few days, I have tried to fill the tank on my diesel Terracan several times. even though it is almost empty, I can only get about two litres of fuel in before the level comes up and would start overflowing if I continued. if I wait about 15 minutes, the level slowly goes down allowing me to put in just a small amount more.do I have a fuel airlock problem?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi .

There is the equalisation hose that runs from the tank to the filler neck for fast filling at the browser, if this is damaged or blocked then you will have this problem of not being able to fill the tank at a normal filling rate.

Have this checked and free if blocked .

Please get back to me for further assistance if needed with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service button this way i can get back you or suggest another expert .
Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi Greg,

many thanks for this suggestion. I have the car booked in at my local garage next Wednesday , so I will print out your suggestion for the garage to see, and we'll see how things progress after that. I may need to come back to you after then if I may.

best regards,

David.

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi David .

Sounds good all the best and hope they sort this out for you .

Kind regards Greg