Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

53hyundai Santa fe crdi 4x4.will not start from cold.have to

53hyundai Santa fe crdi 4x4.will not start from cold.have to use easy start,afterwards will run and start all day without fail.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
OK this is due to the glow plug heater or the glow plugs themselves were these checked?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The glow plugs had been fitted at the garage.the weather was warm then,and the car started easily from cold.
When the weather started to get colder the car took longer to start.
Then the weather got colder again and the car refused to start without easy start
As for the glow plug heater,Ihad not heard it mentioned at the garage,so I will have to do more research on it myself.
I also asked about the fuel filter needing changed,and was told that this was not the problem..
That's when they advised giving it more time after the glow plug light went out before trying to start the car.
That was ok. When the weather was not cold.
Expert:  Tom replied 2 years ago.
Ok the glow plug relay is the issue then from your description. It gives the signal for the glow plugs to heat up as well as the time frame. This needs to be checked next for this issue . The only other issue could be dirty fuel injectors and having them cleaned will help. The relay needs to be focused on next . Hoped this helped . Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks . Bonuses greatly appreciated .
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician