Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

hi I have a 2005 santa fe 2.0 crtd cdx I took it to a local

hi I have a 2005 santa fe 2.0 crtd cdx I took it to a local garage because of a slight oil leak,it was diagnosed as a porous oil feed pipe to the vacuum pump.the pipe has not yet been replaced.on collection of the vehicle there was no power to accelerate in first or second gear then it cleared and ran ok.it was also ok the next day but today it did it again accompanied with lots of smoke until it cleared itself and ran ok any thoughts?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
The issue that you are describing is consistent with the vacuum pump being filled with oil from the leak at the pipe, this is common and replacing the leaking pipe will solve this issue.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thankyou for your advice mike the car will have the pipe replaced on 5th of November hopefully this will solve both problems

No problem, thank you. You can respond back to this question at anytime after rating positive if you need further assistance.
Let me know if you need any further help. Thank you.