Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have been in touch with your company since 20/10. I have

Customer Question

I have been in touch with your company since 20/10. I have no sensible answers yet. I finally rang your contact number yesterday and was assured that your team of experts would be put on high priority and would reply. To date I have no replies to the issue. Are all your (so called) experts unable to sort out this issue ? If not please refund my subscription or get them so solve what apperes to be a simple issue. If the issue with immobiliser can sort it out in 1 hour, why cant it do it sooner ?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 3 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
What is your question please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My Santa Fe Can go into gear when the engine is off. Once I turn the engine on the gears refuse to engage. I have tried the info in the service manual with no success. I have tried another website which suggested leaving the car ignition in the ON position for one hour. I tried that and was able to start the car and drive for 20+ miles. However, when I tried to start it the following day I was back to the original problem. It seems to me to be an immobiliser issue but have no idea how to solve the problem. The car was recently serviced which showed no problem. Have you any suggestions ? If you need any further information contact me at *****@******.*** or 01825 873142. Thanks if you solve this issue.

Are there any type of warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If i knew the answer to your reply I wouldn't be asking you 'experts'. This must come up before with others ?

Considering I can't see your dash and you can, I have to ask you if there are any warning lights coming on, so again when looking at your instrument panel are there any warning lights coming on?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sorry for delay but have sick wife who needs constant care.

In answer to your question, when I switch ignition to ON the following lights come on ;

1. Malfunction indicator light.

2. Charging system indicator light

3. Low oil pressure light

4. Immobiliser warning light (for about 30 seconds) and then goes off.

Once I start the engine all lights go off.

I have check all the fluid levels and they are all O.K. (the car was only fully serviced 2 months ago). I have also checked all accesable fuses and they are all O.K.

I have no idea where the immobiliser is but guess it is somewhere near the gearbox. I am no mechanic anyway.

Hope you can explain this issue with you expertise.

Roy

How does the clutch feel when the engine is running?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The clutch seems a bit sticky when the engine is running . There is also a problem where the rear offside door will not unlock with the key. I can't see how this would affect the immobiliser, but it might help you.

thanks for your ongoing help.

Ok, the immobilizer is directly affected by the door lock actuators inside of each door, the actuator inside of the door that will not open with the key has failed. The actuator inside of this door is likely what is causing all of the problems that you are having. To correct this issue this actuator will need to be replaced.