Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a 2010 I30 CRDi which I bought new. A knocking sound

Customer Question

I have a 2010 I30 CRDi which I bought new. A knocking sound developed in the engine after about 8,000km. The garage reprogrammed the ECU which cleared the fault but the fault returned after approx another 8000km. The garaged again reprogrammed the car but the fault returned after another 8,000km. The garage then replaced the ECU following discussion with Hyundai, but the fault has now returned again. The knocking sound only appears when the revs are between 1500 to 2000 revs. I just change down and it will disappear. Otherwise the car is fine.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 3 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i am still waiting for a response to my question

pat XXX

Hello Pat,
Thank you for getting back to me. We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.
However, should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

As I have not received an answer to my question at this stage I now request that the €17 charge be now reversed.

Pat XXX.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have got no response to my question after 15days. I have also requested a refund which as yet not activated.

What is the current position.

Pat XXX