Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

. Got 2005 gen 2 Coupe, has electrical fault. Indicators

Hi. Got 2005 gen 2 Coupe, has electrical fault. Indicators , hazards, central locking, Windows, alarm and immobiliser don't work, so car won't start. Battery is charged, all lights and radio work. Key and fob checked and are ok. Any help? Thanks Col.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I have still not solved the problem. Could still do with help. Thanks Col.

Hello Col,
Thank you for getting back to me and apologies that you have not received an answer yet. We have a range of Professionals online all the time. However specialties differ, and we are searching for the right professional to assist you.
Should you wish to close your question and reverse your charges at any time please let me know.
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
This is a ECU issue, the ECU is not communicating with the vehicle, this can be caused from a complete failure to the ECU or the ECU has stored a hard fault. The ECU will have to be tested using a diagnostic machine which will show if a replacement or reset is needed.
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Thanks for the reply. My local garage has taken my coupe to Hyundai dealer today for diagnostic test, cant wait for the bill!!!!

Let you know more when I do.

Thanks again

Col.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi, Hyundai said its not ECU problem, it is the BCM tha'ts faulty, not paying them £1200 to replace and fix it. Had car towed out of there yesterday, back to my mates garage.

Col.