Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

my 2005 Terracan has activated its immobilizer and as the transmitter

Customer Question

my 2005 Terracan has activated its immobilizer and as the transmitter on the key has not worked since I got the car is there any other way to disarm the immobilizer
thanks Dave
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long response.
The immobilizer can not be disarmed because the way it is designed it is integrated in to the ECM. The vehicle will need to be connected to a dealer diagnostic tool and scanned as there will be a hard fault stored in the system, the fault will have to be corrected and cleared.