indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

hyundai santa fe diesel,i have a red light that comes on telling

Customer Question

hyundai santa fe diesel,i have a red light that comes on telling me water in my diesel,i believe something else is the problem,filters have been changed,i loose power this problem has been with me for a couple of years now and is driving me nuts.Tom.
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Tom,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Hello Tom,
I apologize as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do
you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you
like for us to close your question at this time?
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tom .

If you have replaced the fuel filter and the sensor is still sending a signal that the filter still has water then remove and replace the filter water sensor on the bottom of the fuel filter .

You can check the sensor by disconnecting the connection on the sensor and the water warning light should go out ,if it does replace the sensor .

Please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund, if you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know.

Kind regards Greg.