Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

I have a Hyundai i30 (2011 plate).The central locking works

I have a Hyundai i30 (2011 plate).The central locking works but I am unable to open the driver door-from inside (I have to lower my driver door window and use outside handle to open). On-line suggestion is that the door lock actuator may be at fault. Can you provide any help/solution apart from replacing? Bruce XXXXXXXXX

Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
Hello Bruce,
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 2 years ago.
Hello, welcome. My name is***** will do my very best to assist you with your question. I apologize if you have been waiting long for a response.
If the door is opening from the outside and not from the inside than the door lock actuator is not the problem, the actuator would prevent the door from opening from either handle.
The issue that you are having is with the inner door handle, the handle has broken free from the rod and will need to be replaced.
Mike Kelly, Hyundai Mechanic
Experience: 17 years experience as an auto mechanic, foreign and domestic. 5 years running my own repair business.