Mike
Mike, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My Hyundai Van H1 2009 ILOAD, brakes are heating a

Customer Question

Hello, My Hyundai Van H1 2009 ILOAD, brakes are heating a lot we have just had the master cylinder replace but the issue is still there can you suggest other possible reasons and what I should do/have checked next?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** happy to help.. Sorry to see you have had a wait.
Before we progress - tell me - is it just one ( or more ) of the brakes binding / getting hot.. or all four ??
Rgds, MIKE.....................
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello mike

Its all four brakes that are heating

Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello there -
Thank you for your reply - Sorry I wasn't online at that time last eve..
Ok - if you have all four brakes binding slightly or badly - either way enough to cause overheating - this is going to be one of three faults causing this..
Sometimes the pedal sticks -in its bracket / on its pivot pin - only slightly -you don't even see it..but its enough to cause the brakes to be activated to some extent - and hence cause your troubles..
Take the van for a drive... then when stopped after a normal test drive.. try manually lifting the brake pedal with your hand.. it will lift a slight bit - and it will lift very "easily" ..that's normal.. BUT - if it takes some effort to lift - then it is sticking down causing the problems as above.. so try that. Check as needed - and check mechanism / pivot pin / brackets etc.
If its not that as above - then the next thing to check is the rod that goes from the pedal to the servo... check its condition for sticking etc..
I see you have changed the master cylinder - so thats ruled out-- but too - did you check the rod..the same as above, that pushes from the servo and actuates the master cylinder..sometimes again, they stick when pressed...especially if its rusty in there.
Now if its neither of the above, your next suspect.. and I think this will be the problem to be honest - is the servo itself. Its sticking inside..when you press the brakes, they work ok - but the servo is not coming back off inside.. Im afraid you cant check that as you know, its sealed.. the only answer is a replacement servo to cure this then.
So work through as above - one way or the other, that will get this sorted out for you.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
-~~~ Meantime ----- Please do click on the Exc / Ok ratings for me at this time.. - Thank you in advance for that -
... Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating should you need more at all - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.