Mike
Mike, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

My 5 month Ix35 has popped out bushes on the rear suspension

My 5 month Ix35 has popped out bushes on the rear suspension arms when only done 3,400 miles on public roads. The Hyundia Dealer in Aberdeen says that exessife force would be required to cause this fault. The car squeaked at the back from day one and got worse until it made clunking noises at that point I looked under it and found the rear tyres bald on the inside. The garage wont wear it as a warranty issue and are quoting £996 to to repair it.
I haven't damaged the car have you seen such a fault on a ix35 ?
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Shantal-Mod replied 2 years ago.
I'm Shantal and I'm a moderator for this topic.
I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Professionals.
Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome..
My name is ***** ***** happy to help / advise -
Please let me know if you still wish to proceed as I haven't heard from you -
Kind Rgds, MIKE......................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Hi the dealer says the car has been overloaded to cause the bushes to pop out that is rubbish the car has only been used as a car mostly 2 people in the front. Only time the back seats have been uses is by a 4 & 5 year olds. Never had any heavy load in the boot. Towed a light caddy 5 foot x 4 foot trailer no more than 300 kgs a few times. Is this a known Hyundia fault?

Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hi again -
My apologies- I could not be on yesterday.
-- I agree with you - even had the car been overloaded - I have NEVER known such to happen - they are trying it on to be honest with you... its not even feasible to possible that that would happen!
Too -its not a known fault neither - at least not that we have heard of - and I just ran some checks and didnt come up with anything... thats not to say its not the start of these things happening - they all have to start somewhere.. but its definitely a fault with the car for sure..
Fight it - argue it - and tell them you want Hyundai HQ involved.. and go from there. They will usually send an engineer to take a look and go from there.. It would seem to me that the mount / bush fixings have not been fully tightened to proper torque when built - but they will look into that... you may find it becomes a recall issue -
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~>>~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Mike, Hyundai Technician
Experience: Tech Expert