Mike
Mike, Hyundai Technician
Experience:  Tech Expert
9261905

Front passenger door stopped working from inside but still

Front passenger door stopped working from inside but still opens from outside any tips to why
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello and Welcome -
My name is ***** ***** Im happy to help / advise.
Before we progress - can you tell me exactly what you have done /tried so far..
Plus - full details of the vehicle in question -
Kind Rgds, MIKE.........................
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not tried anything other than push a few buttons ie door open and shut
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not tried anything other than push a few buttons ie door open and shut ix 35
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hello Mike, thank you for your reply / info..
If the door will open every other way but with the latch from the inside then this is a mechanical issue that has occurred - most likely a problem with the cable between the latch and the door latching mech inside the door.
Sometimes they break - sometimes they break on the attachment to the latch or mech - either way the door panel will have to be removed to fully investigate - once you see then exactly whats wrong , new parts can be organized.
I wouldn't suggest to order anything just yet such as the cable etc - just in case its another part of the mechanism as above.. its simply impossible to tell without physically checking - but it will be one or the other as above.
The dealers are the only place you will get the parts - often they keep them in but if not, they can get them next day no problem.
So thats the way forward on this one now Mike.
Let me know how you go..and / or let me know if you need anything further on this..
~~~~ Meantime - Please do click on the "Exc / Ok rating" for me at this time.. "Thank you" in advance for that .
.. Note that you can get back to me anytime at all after doing the rating - it doesn't close you out --
Best Rgds, MIKE.