indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

My car keeps conking out when i brake or drive very slow

my car keeps conking out when i brake or drive very slow coming up to trafick lights paid for it to go on a diagnostic machine but nothing showed up as a fault cant aford a new car please advise
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi .
Which Hyundai are you driving ,engine size and year of vehicle.
Is the check engine light ON when the engine is running .
Rgds Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry my daughter was only asking last night did you give the chap all the info about the car then i clicked i didnt say what car i had she said he isnt a mind reader mum :(its a hyundai amica w reg 999cc
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i think it's about 15 yrs old now and usually drives very well with no problems just usuall new brakes and tyres as you do to keep the car safe to drive
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
LoL funny but she is right, lol
When was the last engine tune up , plugs etc changed .
Throttle body should be cleaned out with the idle control also.
Use NGK plugs only BKR5ES-11.
Check for manifold vacuum leaks ,vacuum hoses etc a leaking vacuum will also cause a stalling engine when using the brakes .
Check the brake booster valve ,do you hear any vacuum hissing coming from the brakes padel area , or from the engine when engine is running .
Fuel pressure if low will also cause a stall.
Please rate my help a good to excellent if you are satisfied .
If not ready to rate don't rate poor or bad service as we can continue to work on this issue or I can opt out and recommend another expert .
After accepting there is no extra charge for further assistance.
If I don't reply soon I will as quickly as I can when i get back on line.
Kind regards Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
HI
no to all of the above no hissing or noises from the manafold or brake pedal just didn't relise about the plugs and a tune up took it to a garage who phoned and said he could find no fault after putting it on a diagnostic machine so i hope a good tune up and new plugs as im not sure they do them with a service but will make a note of the plugs to use also ask if they can do a throttle body cleane out .i also never let her get lower than a 1/4 of a tank so i think the tune up and cleanup part just might help resolve the problem.many thanks for the help and advice
regards
sylvia