indy-tech
indy-tech, Import tech
Experience:  Work on all import vehicles
29331485

I have an i40 saloon and there's no water getting

I have an i40 saloon and there's no water getting through to the front windscreen washers. The reservoir is full and I can hear the pump running when I pullt the stalk towards me (I don't leave it running for more than a couple of seconds) and there is no evidence of a leak undeneath the car. I've used a pump action sink plunger on the filler to agitate the content of the resrvoir, but without success.
Can you recommend anything, please?
Thanks,
Mike
Category: Hyundai
Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi .
Looks like you may have a blockage at the nozzles , lift the bonnet and
pull the tube of from the back of the nozzles and then try the pump if water comes out the tube then have the nozzles cleaned.
Still no water then follow the tube back toward the reservoir and you will find a small plastic connection for the rubber tube remove this and check this is a one way valve may have blocked ,remove and try pump if water comes out of the tube try and clean valve or replace .
Still no water then remove the tube from the pump at the reservoir and pump still no water replace the pump.
Need further assistance with this issue then please get back to me with the reply button and not the poor or bad service rate buttons .
This way i can get back to you and suggest other options or suggest another Expert .
Kindest regards Greg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Greg,

Thanks: the tubes aren't accessible (tucked away in the bodywork) and the reservoir is tucked away in the engine compartment so is also inaccessible. Because the vehicle is under warranty (last year of five) it seems I'll have to have it checked out professionally.

Mike

Expert:  indy-tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi Mike .
Yes on this model its all tucked away and access is hard and takes time .
Good that you still have warranty .
All the best Mike and after its fixed use a good windscreen fluid that helps keep it clean and free from blockage .
Kindest regards Greg